Spacecrafts have to rely only on the intelligence that they have been equipped with before lift-off. That is why HPS implants microtechnology for self-control from manufacturing and test to mission directly into the respective structure – with RFID-technology, electro-active polymeres, carbon-nanotubes (CNT), fibre optics and piezo-ceremic sensors for vibration control.
This application reaches even beyond space technology, since intense research and development have paved the way for a patent that HPS has registered also for the automotive and aerospace sector: contactless damage assessment in fibre components. Thanks to RFID-technology energy and signals can reach the implanted microsensors and -actuators without a touch. A small shock sent out to the wing of a plane, to a component of a satellite or of a racing car is all it takes: immediately the system responds and sends the test data back on a handheld for the engineer to check the system – again without a touch. HPS plans to open a national cooperation in order to prepare this innovative system for the market.
Health monitoring, Fibre Optics & RFID
- Health monitoring of space structures (temperature, stress, cracks)
- Implementation of fibre optical sensors into/onto structures
- RFID technology for space station, satellite assembly & testing(logistics, health monitoring, reporting)
- Satellite structures
- Large masts
Patent on contactless health monitoring of aircraft or automotive structures (development partners welcome).
Adaptable & Morphing Structures
- Structural Deformation Control for highly accurate pointing
- Active vibration damping of large deployable structures
- Realization by fibre-optics, piezo ceramics, electro-active polymers
- Morphing re-entry structures for performance increase
- Adaptable thermal protection material
- International collaboration with academia and industry.