The predominant feature of lightweight structures made by HPS is: extreme. Extremely light, extreme stability against thermo-elastic deformation, extreme electric and thermal conductivity, and extreme geometrical accuracy.
In most cases HPS utilizes high-modulus carbon fibres in combination with special resin. systems.The portfolio offered ranges from structures and architectures for satellites made of CFRP and metal over mechanical subassemblies to pure CFRP-integrals.
In most cases HPS serves as prime for structural integrals; in addition, the company also offers engineering services in support of the customers´ own developments.
Thanks to a comprehensive data bank grown out of numberless campaigns of characterization over the past decade HPS can refer to a wealth of information regarding the behavior of composite materials.
Structures for Satellites
- Tellite structural panels out of CFRP
- High thermal and electrical conductivity
- Innovative grounding rail and grounding concepts
- New concepts engineering (e.g. hexagonal tube concept)
- Vibro-acoustic simulation
- Secondary and terciary structures
- Brackets, interfaces, inserts
- Optical baffles (large and small size)
- Optical benches and assemblies
- Telescope assemblies
- Full assembly development chain (design, analysis, manufacturing, assembly, assembly level testing)
- Engineering services
- CFRP composite lightweight structures and assemblies
- Triaxial extreme lightweight structures and substrates
- Hybrid laminates (CFRP/Titanium)
- Composite struts and truss works
- Elaboration of CFRP failure criteria
- Elaboration of delamination assessment tools at HPS Portugal
- Contribution to „Black Satellites“